As promised, a photo of the ridge for Chalons, taken on some 3′ x 2′ boards for scale. As you can see, it will stretch past the centre line of the table and dominate the northern half of the battlefield. Controlling it will, I think, be critical to the flow of the battle.
There will be a total of nine commanders involved in the battle, divided between the two sides.
The Romans and their allies:
- Aetius, Last of the Romans, Magister Militum, Patricius et Dux.
- Theodoric, King of the Visigoths.
- Merovech, King of the Franks.
- Gondoic, King of the Burgundians.
- Sangiban, King of the Alans.
The Huns and their subjects:
- Attila, Great Khan of the Huns, the scourge of God.
- Ellac, Prince of the Huns.
- Ardaric, King of the Gepids.
- Valamir, King of the Ostrogoths.